Cacterrans appear much like gnomes or humans, save they possess hairless green-hued skin bearing ridges and patterns of pores from which spines can be made to emerge.
Cacterran Racial Traits (10 RP)
–2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom: Cacterrans are sturdy and wise, but lack physical agility.
Humanoid (Vegitatious): Cacterrans are humanoids with the vegitatious subtype.
Variety: Upon creation, cacterran characters become one of two varieties.
- Globular: These cacterrans are Small creatures and gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their Combat Maneuver Bonus and Combat Maneuver Defense, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Columnar: These cacterrans are Medium creatures with no bonuses or penalties due to their size. They also possess +2 Strength and –2 Charisma as additional racial adjustments to their ability scores.
Slow Speed: Cacterrans have a base speed of 20 feet. For columnar cacterrans, that speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance. (–1 RP)
Low-Light Vision: Cacterrans can see twice as far as a race with normal vision in conditions of dim light. (1 RP)
Flammable: Cacterrans in true form have vulnerability to fire. (–1 RP)
Vegitatious Resilience: Cacterrans gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against mind-affecting effects, paralysis, poison, polymorph, sleep effects, and stunning. In addition, they need only half the standard amount of sleep to function normally. (2 RP)
Succulent Resilience: Cacterrans gain a +4 racial bonus on Fortitude saves against dehydration and environmental heat exposure. In addition, they need only half the standard amount of water to function normally. (1 RP)
Cacti Body: Cacterrans in true form express the following. (4 RP)
- +1 natural armor bonus to AC.
- Damage reduction 2/slashing.
- A natural slam attack dealing standard damage for their size. That slam is a primary attack, or a secondary attack when they wield one or more manufactured weapons.
- They can deal both bludgeoning and piercing damage with any slam attack or unarmed strike.
- In addition to actual rest and any uses of the Heal skill, a living cacterran exposed to natural sunlight naturally recovers hit points and ability score points (lost to ability damage) as if always resting.
Spine-spit: A living cacterran in true form gains a natural spine-spit attack that does not provoke attacks of opportunity. A spine-spit is a primary natural attack, or a secondary natural attack for those who wield one or more manufactured weapons. Otherwise, a spine-spit functions as a blowgun of its owner's size. A typical cacterran has a spine-spit capacity equal to its Constitution score. The first hour one rests following its last moment of strenuous activity, cannot apply to the cumulative sum of 7 hours it must rest to refill that capacity. (1 RP)
Toxic Spines: A living creature dealt piercing damage from a natural weapon or unarmed strike used by a living cacterran in true form, becomes sickened for 1d4+1 rounds (Fort negates) as a poison effect. The save DC of this effect equals 10 + 1/2 the originator's Hit Dice + the originator's Constitution modifier. Once a creature successfully saves, it becomes immune to the toxic spines of that particular cacterran for 24 hours. Note: Creatures with the vegitatious subtype are immune to this effect. (2 RP)
Placeholder: (1 RP undetermined)
Languages: Cacterrans begin play speaking Common and Terran. Cacterrans with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Auran, Draconic, Goblin, Giant, .....3 more.